Pages

Saturday, January 28

Just a quick post this evening to feature a skirt I made last night. I was in Leeds market during the week, and I found this ace thick black stretchy material on a £1.50 a metre sale rail (my fabric shopping haunt of choice!). I bought it on a bit of a whim, without a project in mind. I've been looking to replace my black mini of choice recently, as it's a bit small right now, and it occurred to me that I could probably use some of this fabric to make another. I did this by simply tracing around the outline of another mini that fits well (I also drafted a simple waistband also based on the other miniskirts). My fabric has a slightly less stretchy fabric content, so it came out a little tighter (good though, as the other mini is a tad big around my thighs!).

I also decided, on another whim, to add a peplum to the skirt, after watching this youtube tutorial, which is really simple and I would fully recommend! I wore it out crafting today and am impressed at how comfortable and clingy it is! I might even yet make a pencil skirt version. It's nice to know that I can make my own basics when I need to. Best of all, this cost me all of about £1 to make as it required less than a metre of fabric!

Teamed with:
Jumper, Primark, £10
Tights, M&S
Boots, Clarks, £40

No comments:

Post a Comment