Pages

Saturday, March 5

Haircut time! This is the second year that, as Spring approaches, I've decided to go super short for the summer. I took in a photo of Mia Farrow and Carey Mulligan for this, and definitely happy with the results.

My inspiration for the summer doesn't really differ that much from last year. Short hair, 60s tomboy femme, scooter dresses, uniforms made out of button up blouses, suspenders and wide legged trousers, palazzos or high waisted jumper skirts. A mixture of 50s-70s. Ties, shorts and brogues. Ankle boots, ballet flats and lace ups. Boy-ish, but with classic feminine detailing. Uniforms. Button up everything.


One thing I am excited about this year is my capability to maybe make some of these pieces! Normally I spend so much time hunting for items that the spontaneity just disappears, or the things I find are slightly lukewarm in comparison with my style aspirations.

And one outfit also:

Wednesday night:
Dress, River Island, £30
Scarf, old vintage stock
Belt, £5 Dorothy Perkins
Docs, gifted

6 comments:

  1. your hair looks really cute! and i love the look of the tie in the belt :)

    aroselikethis.blogspot.com

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your hair looks amazing! I'm a big fan of the mia farrow cut too. I couldn't find a picture of her when I got my cut short, so instead I took in a picture of Emma Watson.

    Your style this summer is similar to what I want to wear.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute. I've got to try the scarf in the belt look. Also love the haircut. The look on Mia Farrow and others is absolutely adorbs and I applau you for pulling it off so well. Aanyhoo, you are on my blogroll which is how I saw your update so quickly!! Come by and visit me and let me know what you think...

    Literalgemini.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your hair looks great! I've been wanting to chop all my hair off so badly recently, but have been such a wuss about it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the way you wear combat boots with skirts. its amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your hair looks fantastic! Short hair is so liberating - especially considering how little time it takes to wash, dry and style!

    ReplyDelete